To celebrate the coming of Spring, these Bunny S’mores would make a sweet gift for those you Visit Teach. These were found on the Creative Holiday Gift Ideas blog.
INGREDIENTS AND DIRECTIONS:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 quart jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don’t squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M’s.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon.
My changes: I did M&M’s first, then Peeps, then put combined brown sugar and graham cracker crumbs in baggie. I didn’t like how the crumbs made a mess in the jar.
Attach a gift tag giving the following instructions:
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option – leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.
*This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.
CUTE – I love all the color that spring brings us. I just bought me a $1 pair of socks in bright green with flowers all over them because they have so many pretty colors. I am feeling color deprived from this long winter. 🙂
That is sooooooo cute!!
Awesome! How did they taste? Peeps are Jason’s favorite thing in the world. I don’t think I’m together enough to make these for all my visit teachees, but I might do it for Jason.
I made a similar smores jar thing several years ago, and to be honest – I remember the jar smores looked a lot yummier than it tasted! They were okay – but nothing to groan over. I was thinking of also making a bunny smore’s baggie kit that had a couple whole graham crackers, a chocolate bar, and 4 bunny marshmallows – with a cute paper topper. Just microwave and enjoy.