Here is a bookmark to go with YW manual 1 lesson 27: Scripture Study. It is taken from the “Pondering isn’t Ponderous” part of the lesson:
“As I read the scriptures … , I learned some of the basics of pondering and searching.
- Pray always before you begin to read the scriptures. Slow your mind down and be free from this world. Also, pray all the while you read—as certain concepts of the gospel illuminate your soul or as you have questions. Don’t hesitate to call upon your Father.
- Keep a paper and pencil handy while you read. This is a stimulating activity, and often goals, exciting ideas, or original thoughts will creep into a stale mind.
- Go slowly! This study is not a race. No longer do you have to finish a prescribed number of chapters before you go to bed. Spend several days with a single chapter or verse. Memorize scripture and it will bloom with hidden meanings you hadn’t been cognizant of, meanings pertinent to your life today.
- Ask questions as you read the scriptures. … Question and then call upon the Lord. As I questioned, the doors of my heart unfolded and left room for the Holy Ghost to dwell in me.
- Stop many times during the day and ponder the single thought that you have searched out in depth. For instance, consider the truth ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ Repeat the scripture, question your every action, and keep the thought with you on a small card.
You can download the bookmark here.
Thanks Kristin. These are wonderful!
These are great! All of my girls are gone for the summer, so I’m making a stockpile for this fall. Thanks for all of the inspiration and help!
This is really true! Well explained! Thanks! I’m going to give this to relief Society sisters.
Hi! I love your bookmark, but everytime I try to downl0ad it windows explorer shuts down. Any suggestions?
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been doing a little
homework on this. And he actually bought me dinner due to
the fact that I stumbled upon it for him.
.. lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!
! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this topic here on your blog.